HOME ABOUT STORETUTORIALS ROADTESTS

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Art Journal - 'One Step'

This is my second hybrid layout that I've attempted and I'm still feeling my way, but I love being able to combine digital images with traditional hands-on, get messy gluing and spritzing.
 
There are so many beautiful digital kits on the market that had me drooling when finally the light bulb went on and I realised I can use these images in my art.
 
I purchased a kit called 'Acid Wash' from Sissy Sparrows, and by digitally altering and then printing them, some on paper and some on Grafix Rub-ons, I had these gorgeous elements ready to use.
 
Art Journal - 'One Step'  Mixed media by http://inkyfingersstore.blogspot.com.au/
 
Step-by-step 
  • Glue down a page from an old encyclopedia onto a base card.
  • Gesso randomly over the top.
  • Spritz with 'Patina' and 'Tarnished Silver' Glimmer Mists by Tattered Angels. 
  • I used a stencil I had hand cut out of acetate (a large 'X').
  • Use an ink blender and 'Faded Jeans' distress ink pad, ink over the stencil.
  • Run a line of 'Vibrant Turquoise' by Dylusions down the left hand side of the page, spritz with water and move the card so the ink runs in dribbles from left to right.
  • Prick a pattern in the card and embroider, leaving some empty.
  • Add images, words, rub-ons and crown.
  • Flick black india ink over card.
  • Ink blend over the embroidery thread and along the edges with 'Squeezed Lemonade' and 'Ripe Persimmon' distress ink pads to finish.
Art Journal - 'One Step' (close up)  Mixed media by http://inkyfingersstore.blogspot.com.au/
 
Art Journal - 'One Step' (close up)  Mixed media by http://inkyfingersstore.blogspot.com.au/
 
There are a lot of free images out there for personal use, so if you see a digital image or kit you like, don't be afraid to download and use it. The possibilities are endless!!!
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow hunnie, this looks amazing love, love, love it and that stitching is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic AJ page Kyla.... love your step by step process.... and those stitches are to dye for!!!!

    ReplyDelete